sunnuntai 15. syyskuuta 2013

Infinite reading lists, beer and catification.

Hej alle sammen!

Seems that me and Sportesse are invading this blog completely, because our Asian explorers are conforming to the local efficient culture quite well. In the end of this year I'm looking forward to see that guys have published texts in a peer-reviewed papers and completed three studies about political events of the Far East or such. Luckily someone of us are really studying, because I can't really say I should got a smiley faces and goldens stars for my achievements...


My face when we had a surprise quiz in a Politics of Political Islam- lecture
Although, studying in here differs a lot from the way I'm used to in Finland. One reason might be that I'm completing the master level courses even though I'm on my second year in university. Still my noobiness is not that much a problem compared to my laziness. When it comes to studying I like to be independent and have time to do my readings and tasks properly. I also like to use and apply the new information I have got. In here we got those damn reading lists! In every week (or on one course, twice a week) I gotta seek around the web the articles for the next lessons and read them. It would be okay if: 1) Articles would be easily accessible AND 2) There would be a convenient amount of reading. BUT NO! At first, we got here something similar to Nelliportaali in Finland - which is a database for articles - but even after a uncountable efforts I haven't managed to get acces to articles. So I gotta google every article and hope for the best.
Secondly, we're supposed to buy books in here. And yes, we have a library, but it's nothing compared to Tampere. If you are lucky, you can borrow the book in need for a day and it's definitely not enough time for me. Unfortunately I'm not born the silver spoon pointing out from my rectum (plus I'm quite a stingy) that I could buy the academic books, whose prices are normally notorious. And thirdly: I really wanna focus on what I'm reading and it's not possible to do when you got pain in your ass to finding all the articles and finish all the 120 pages before the next lecture. And the same thing in all three courses. Not nice. So normally, I read those articles I get and improvise the rest and hope it's allright.

Courses here are built all in a same pattern. In every course you get 10 ETCS if you are genie enough to get it though. You got those darn reading lists, the delightful 1200 pages per course. Then you have the lectures once a week in time of the one semester and do your readings. At the end of the course you have either oral or written exam. My bad I got only written exam which means I'm gonna write three lovely 15-page essays to charm my professors and lecturers. 45 pages  with my academic english would be funny to read... Waiting for them... But the end of my studying whine I gotta say that courses are damn interesting and in such subjects I never gonna get in Tampere. Just noticed that Finnish way of studying suits me better.



About the another side of life in Copenhagen; I've had helluva lot of fun! The last friday I had an epic night with my gang (which name is not announced to the public) and I laughed from 1 am to 3 am continually. Therefore yesterday I got a slight hangover and tender abs. The most of the people here are awesome, especially international students!


The inside joke. Brrrr, Psssst!
This is a long post but I gotta tell the one more piece of news. The sidekick of my life and me are now cat owners! Our lovely princess called Pernille Nielssen -Nille for friends- showed up to our lives about a week ago. We had a stroll on thursday night in our neighbourhood and suddenly heard a sad meowing nearby. We petted a cat for while and continued our walk and noticed that Nille was following us home. We tried to find owners from web and spreading some notifications to the neighbourhood. Nobody contacted us, so Nille seems to be ours now. I'm happy! She's very cute and has a wonderful personality. It's awesome to have a little kitty cat at home who wants to interrupt your reading or surfing because of playtime :)

Pernille "Nille" Nielssen


Me and my charming kitty-cat

TeroGilbert checks out for now! I'm really waiting those Asian texts, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti